3M Fingerprint Card Conversion Service
3M Cogent, an Associate NCMS Member and an FBI-approved Channeler, offers a card conversion service that will take your physical ink-based fingerprint cards and convert them to electronic format meeting standards for submission to SWFT as part of the Option 3: Limited Privileges on Behalf of Another Company, Multi-Company Uploader Service Provider.
The process is simple:
- Complete SWFT account registration with DMDC prior to submitting fingerprint card(s) to 3M Cogent. For more information on setting up a SWFT account, please visit
DMDC's SWFT page.
- Once the SWFT account has been issued by DMDC, the applicant goes to the Cogent ID Website and clicks on the eGAPS logo to register their demographic information online. At the end of registration, the applicant will be provided a confirmation number.
- On the eGAPS homepage, under the Registration section, click Register Online
- In the National Program drop down menu, select the "SWFT OPM" option, click Next
- Confirm selection of "SWFT OPM" option and click Next
- Complete registration
- Applicant needs to be fingerprinted at local police department or authorized ink-based fingerprint service provider and provides the fingerprint card(s) to the sponsoring FSO along with their confirmation number from the www.cogentid.com online registration. We recommend two fingerprint cards per applicant in case of quality issues.
- Download and complete the 3M Cogent Card Conversion Order Form.
- Make sure to include Sponsoring FSO’s cage code, email address, address, and phone number on the Card Conversion Order Form
- Acceptable forms of payment: Credit Card, Check/Cashier’s check, money order or Purchase Order
- Card Conversion Fee: $25 per transaction
- Sponsoring FSO mails the applicants fingerprint card, completed Card Conversion Order Form to 3M Cogent for processing.
- We recommend including two fingerprint cards per applicant
- Mail to:
3M Cogent, Inc.
Attn: SWFT Card Conversion
639 N. Rosemead Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91107
- 3M Cogent scans the fingerprint card, and submits the electronic EFT file on behalf of the sponsoring FSO to OPM via the DMDC SWFT Portal.
- The sponsoring FSO will be able to view the confirmation of the upload within 48 hours on the Investigation Summary page in JPAS.
- For questions, issues or status updates, please use the Contact Us link below to submit your request. Please enter "SWFT Fingerprint Card Conversion" as the subject of the message.