Who We Are
3M is a global innovation company that never stops inventing. Over the years, our innovations have improved daily life for hundreds of millions of people all over the world. We have made driving at night easier, made buildings safer, and made consumer electronics lighter, less energy-intensive and less harmful to the environment. We even helped put a man on the moon. Every day at 3M, one idea always leads to the next, igniting momentum to make progress possible around the world.
- Act with uncompromising honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- Satisfy our customers with innovative technology and superior quality, value and service.
- Provide our investors an attractive return through sustainable, global growth.
- Respect our social and physical environment around the world.
- Value and develop our employees' diverse talents, initiative and leadership.
- Earn the admiration of all those associated with 3M worldwide.
3M at a Glance (Year-end 2014)
- Global Sales: $31.8 billion.
- International (non-US) Sales: $20.1 billion (63% of company's total).
- Operations in more than 70 countries.
- 3M products sold in nearly 200 countries.
- 89,800 employees globally.
- 2013 3Mgives cash and product donations totaled $77 million.
3M In India
- 3M India Sales: Turnover of Rs 1,410.36 crores for 12 months ended
March 31st 2012 with profits of Rs 63.7 crores.
- Plants in Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Pondicherry and Pimpri (Pune) & Ranjangaon(Pune).
- Head office at Bengaluru
- Branch offices at Gurgaon (NCR), Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Pune.
- R&D centers at Bengaluru and Gurgaon.
- Over 2000+ employees.
- Over 8000 products sold in India.
- 17 patents filed in 2012.
- Innovations for India include the consumer range of floor cleaning products,
infection prevention products for hospitals, tamper evident labels, traffic & road
safety products, automotive fillers and underbody coatings, protective filler
coatings for outdoor applications, to name a few.
3M Facts 2014 (pdf 125 KB)