Who We Are
3M is fundamentally a science-based company. We produce thousands of imaginative
products, and we're a leader in scores of markets - from health care and highway safety to
office products and abrasives and adhesives. Our success begins with our ability to apply our
technologies - often in combination - to an endless array of real-world customer needs. Of
course, all of this is made possible by the people of 3M and their singular commitment to
make life easier and better for people around the world.
- Act with uncompromising honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- Satisfy our customers with innovative technology and superior quality, value and service.
- Provide our investors an attractive return through sustainable, global growth.
- Respect our social and physical environment around the world.
- Value and develop our employees' diverse talents, initiative and leadership.
- Earn the admiration of all those associated with 3M worldwide.
3M at a Glance (Year-end 2012)
- Global Sales: $30 billion.
- International (non-US) Sales: $19.376 billion (65% of company's total).
- Operations in more than 70 countries.
- 3M products sold in nearly 200 countries.
- 87,677 employees globally.
3M In India
- 3M India Sales: Turnover of Rs 1,410.36 crores for 12 months ended
March 31st 2012 with profits of Rs 63.7 crores.
- Plants in Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Pondicherry and Pimpri (Pune) & Ranjangaon(Pune).
- Head office at Bengaluru
- Branch offices at Gurgaon (NCR), Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Pune.
- R&D centers at Bengaluru and Gurgaon.
- Over 2000+ employees.
- Over 8000 products sold in India.
- 17 patents filed in 2012.
- Innovations for India include the consumer range of floor cleaning products,
infection prevention products for hospitals, tamper evident labels, traffic & road
safety products, automotive fillers and underbody coatings, protective filler
coatings for outdoor applications, to name a few.
3M Facts 2012 (pdf 34 kb)