3M India Milestones
|1987||3M and Birlas become Partners.|
|1988||Foundation laid for Manufacturing Facility at Electronics City, Bangalore.|
- Inauguration of Customer Tech Centre, Bangalore, by Allen F. Jacobson, CEO, 3M, St.Paul.
- Production of UY connectors.
- First Shipment of MS2 Connectors.
- Commencement of Scotch-Brite Conversion.
- First Shipment of first Automotive Stripings.
- Installation of Tape Coater.
|1991||Production of Box Sealing Tape Manufacturing of first batch of Light Water.|
|1992||First Shareholder's Meeting.|
- Self-Certification Approval for Telecom Connectors.
- 3M increases equity holding to 51%.
- Warehousing Operation at Delhi.
- Warehousing Operations at Mumbai.
- Opening of Chennai Customer Sales Centre.
- Opening of Calcutta Customer Sales Centre.
- Opening of Bangalore Customer Sales Centre.
- AS-400 Installed- E-mail and IFS2 Implemented.
- ISO-9002 Certification.
- New Warehouse, Bangalore.
- Inauguration of Graphics Production Centre.New Warehouse, Mumbai.
- Printed Post-it® Notes.
- Opening of Second Customer Sales Centre in Bangalore.
- Industrial land acquisition at Ranjangoon, Pune.
- Mumbai Customer Sales Centre Expansion.
- Chennai Warehouse.
- Expansion of Bangalore Customer Sales Center-1.
- 3M Increases equity holding to 76%.
- Opening of new Delhi Customer Sales Centre with expanded facilities.
- Inauguration of Innovation Center, Electronics City, Bangalore.
- Acquisition of Auto Striping India Pvt. Ltd.
- Inauguration of Centralized Corporate Office.
|2002||Company name changed to 3M India Limited from Birla 3M Limited.|
|2004||Inauguration of Manufacturing Facility for Corrosion Protection Products in Ahmedabad.|
|2006||Acquisition of Mahindra Engineering & Chemical Products Limited.|
- Moved to a brand new Corporate Office at UB City in Bangalore.
- Expansion of our Bangalore & Ahmedabad Plants.
- Acquisition of Macroworx Media Pvt Ltd.
- 3M completes 20 years of operation in India.
- 3M India's 5th Manufacturing facility at Ranjangaon begins commercial operations.
Phase 2 of 3M India's Corrosion Protection Manufacturing Facility at Ahmedabad inaugurated.
- 3M India made its first foray into the retail space in India with the launch of the 3M Car Care Centre initiative.
- Filed 13 patents & launched over 23 new product innovations for the India market.
- 3M India's biggest Distribution Centre inaugurated at Electronics City, Bangalore to meet 2015 growth needs.
- Expanded regional presence with 4 branch offices in Kolkata, Chennai, Pune & Gurgaon respectively.
- Inaugurated two state-of-the-art Innovation Centres at Bangalore and Gurgaon to focus on local product innovations.
- Filed 14 patents.
- Ranked 4th in the prestigious Indian Council of Market Research ( ICMR) list of "Most Innovative Brands" in India.